Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ear Grips: Do People Actually Find These Attractive??
















I know I use my blog primarily as a way to share music, but every so often I need to get something off my chest. Today's rant is about these so-called "Ear Grips." I'm not sure if I've seen these things before I was knee-deep in the daily routine of corporate America and winter rolled around this year. After all, I went to college the past four years, where I was surrounded by people with style (for the most part), especially at UVM - a place that lives for its snowboard culture. In my 23 years of living it has always been about winter HATS, whatever your particular style of such may be.

I commute by train to work in Boston. In January, the weather in Boston is cold. So what do I do? I reach for my winter hat. What do others do? They reach for their Ear Grips. Really?? Do people actually think these things are attractive? I can't say I have found a more foolish-looking or ugly piece of head-wear and they could possibly be the worst accessory I've ever seen. Oh, so you work in a professional office where your appearance matters? So go to the bathroom and comb your hair. Maybe you could buy a winter headband -  at least those don't look as foolish. If you're one of the dozens of people I see wearing these things everyday, know that I am making fun of you. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment