Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Throwback: Ludacris - Southern Hospitality


Remember this image? I do - and it takes me back to middle school. Back for the First Time was Ludacris' first [major label release] album and it was among one of the first hip hop albums I owned. Back when I was still paying for complete CDs this one stood out to me at Newbury Comics, likely because it was the second single, following the incredibly popular "What's Your Fantasy". There's something about this tune that is raw and a sick beat by producers the Neptunes which is Pharell's side project.

I'm hot and cold with Ludacris - some of his stuff I love, some I can't stand. This whole album brings me back to middle school and there were countless times I listened to it from beginning to end, with songs like "Game Got Switched", "Ho", and "Fat Rabbit" standing out. Go back in time with this one...


Ludacris Southern Hospitality

No comments:

Post a Comment