Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Daily Show Gets Olivia Munn (And I Get More Excited to Watch the Daily Show)

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - The Misadventures of Olivia Munn
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

This is probably old news (from this past summer), but the Daily Show recently acquired Olivia Munn as a "Senior Asian Correspondent." Olivia is a 30-year-old self proclaimed nerd who was made famous from her days at the TV channel G4 as host of "Attack of the Show." Olivia is my new Hollywood crush, hands down. Half Asian, half American, dark, sexy and a great dirty sense of humor. If I could marry her, I would but because I undoubtedly can't, I will admire her from afar.



In a completely unrelated matter, I went out to a local Framingham "bar" (if you want to call Samba that) last night in honor of my friend Elena's going to Spain for Teach for America. It was good to see old friends, some of which I hadn't seen in years, and send Elena off in true American fashion (karaoke followed by top-40s music in an over-crowded, over-priced, and under-sized bar). I was impressed by one girl who sang some song I'd never heard but had some pipes on her. Once the music started I remembered why I hated certain American bars, and yes I'm comparing them to Australian bars/clubs or just good American bars in general. Can someone tell me why Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and the Black Eyed Peas' "I got a Feeling" are A.) Still played at bars/parties and B.) Why they're even popular in the first place? I'll take Beyonce over the BEPs any day, but come on. Overplayed, over-hyped. Sure they've got a good beat (good for dancing) and they have a catchy hook (good for shouting to), but there are SO many more alternatives that use the same formula. This is the point during the night when I realized I wasn't drunk enough to enjoy this music and decided it was time to go. A couple suggestions of songs I would have preferred that are off the radar/less played:



The reason I like this song so much is because I heard it almost every time I went out to a bar/club in Australia, and I never got sick of it. Make you want to fucking rage it - just listen to that beat.



This one's more mainstream for sure. It got heavy rotation at Electric Zoo and I've heard it during some nights out this past summer. It sounds a little annoying at first but it grows on you and I love hearing it while enjoying some drinks. Take notice of the "Daggering," which is a new dance move popular in Jamaica and brought to America by the likes of Major Lazer. It's like sex with clothes on. Speaking of JAMAICA - next wednesday I go to Montego Bay with work. Yeah, no big deal, free trip to Jamaica as a result of my office winning a sales contest I had nothing to do with.



Lastly, I'll throw in one of my favorite new Kanye joints. I can definitely see this being a club banger. Jamammmamamz

No comments:

Post a Comment