Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WERS is the Best Radio Station in Boston

Welcome to the first of many blog postings, where I will often be writing about music, sports, pop culture, and anything else I feel like. If you know me, you know music plays a huge part in my life - whether it's listening to it in the background, playing the drums, or seeing it created live. I wanted to use this primarily as an outlet to share my latest favorite tracks and to possibly spur debate. I don't know how often I'll be posting, but figured I'd give it a go.

WERS is the best radio station in Boston. Why? I am currently listening to three hours of commercial-free reggae. After that? Four hours of underground/non-top-forties hip hop. Mix in some electronic and I probably wouldn't turn it off.

Here's a track I heard last night: X-to-tha-Z you say? Yeah, he's back. With long-time West coast rapper Kurupt. I was listening to this song in the background and heard X's unreal flow, so I had to give it a few more listens. Dope track.

Also one of my newest favorites is N.E.R.D.'s "Hot-n-Fun" featuring Nelly Furtado. Throw that one on at your next rager.

No comments:

Post a Comment