Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Friday, September 17, 2010

Swizz Beatz Has Pharrell And Q-Tip To Thank For Justice Sample

Swizz Beatz Has Pharrell And Q-Tip To Thank For Justice Sample

Old news, but just another example of dance/electronic music steadily on the rise in the U.S. Hip hop has definitely played a role in that as exemplified in Jay-Z's BANGER "On to the Next One" using a sample of Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." I'm a fan of both songs and I love recent collaborations between hip hop artists and international electronic DJs/Producers. A-Trak is a perfect example of this. Formerly Kanye's personal DJ, A-Trak spins at shows and fuses the hippidy hop with the electro. When I was searching A-Trak, I found this gem featuring Lupe Fiasco. Why hadn't I heard this before??

No comments:

Post a Comment