Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Brothers of Chico Dusty

http://mashville.bandcamp.com/album/the-brothers-of-chico-dusty

**Link below the image** A coworker of mine (thanks for the link Kara) brought this to my attention. It's a mashup of Big Boi's Sir Luscious Left Foot and the Black Keys' Brothers.

Big Boi's album is one of my favorite to come out in hip hop in a while, easily in my top 3-5 for the year. The Black Keys, although a relatively new band for me, are real tight. Their album has been heralded as one of the best of the year and the two albums come together to make some real interesting and awesome music. It has the feel of a "chill" hip hop album; a bunch of Big Boi's originals had that "club banger" feel to them, but now after being mashed with the Keys they feel like stoner jams.

Normally I am not a big fan of mashup albums. I think they are interesting and definitely creative, but I'd rather listen to originals. I like Left Foot and Brothers separately more than this album combined. I like Jay-Z's Black Album and the Beatles' White Album more than DJ Danger Mouse's Grey Album. Take this mashup for what it is - a combination of two awesome CDs that came out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment