Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

OFFICIAL VIDEO: Dr. Dre - Kush ft. Snoop Dogg, Akon



Yup. Dre's back (with a song about weed?! Dr. Dre?! Naaaah.....). I posted a link to the song a couple weeks ago but here is the official video. I like the freeze-frame action going on. I gotta say Akon seems a bit out of place with this song, I'd much prefer a Nate Dogg cameo, but according to a comment on YouTube, Nate Dogg has had 3 strokes. According to Wikipedia, Mr. Nathan has actually had 2 strokes, but the 2nd left him in pretty bad shape and he is still recovering: "It is currently unknown if he will be able to continue his singing career." That's too bad, Nate Dogg is/was the singing voice of West Coast hip hop.

As much as I like this song, Dre has said it's the only one about chronic nuggets. I actually support this, I think he can do better and if my predictions are correct this will be the weakest track of his upcoming album Detox (just to reiterate, a "weak" Dr. Dre cut is still better than most hip hop songs out there these days).

I know you tryna get high
Type of shit that have ya leaning sideways
Make her work for this suicide
Holla at me cuz I got it all day
No need to fly to Jamaica
Quarter ganja, we can get the same thing
You want that bom bom biggy, holla at my niggi right here in LA
Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment