Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Louis Newman-Eminem-Same Song and Dance {Drum Cover}



Louis Newman has tons of instructional drumming videos on YouTube. I found this one particularly interesting because I enjoy hearing different drummers' takes on drum parts that AREN'T composed on live drums ("Same Song and Dance" is a Dr. Dre production and we all know Dre doesn't use live drums in his music). I think Newman's set sounds dope, especially that snare sound he is getting. His fills are really good, but I think for this song he went a little too far with them. To me this song is meant to be on the mellow side which, in my opinion, means sticking more to the beat than improvising, but as I said it's always interesting to hear a different take on an original.

No comments:

Post a Comment