Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Throwback: Jay-Z - So Ghetto

DJ Premier & Jay-Z
Identity Festival exceeded expectations this past weekend and I am in recovery mode. Make sure to check out My Music Is Better Than Yours for a full write up/review and make sure to "like" us on Facebook if you haven't already.

Today's Monday Throwback comes to you from 1999's Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter by Jay-Z. It was produced by one of the best hip hop producers & DJs in the game: DJ Premier (formerly of Gang Starr).

The chorus goes as follows, with scratching by DJ Premier in quotes:
I'm so gangsta prissy chicks don't wanna fuck with me
"Iceberg, Slim baby ride rims"
I'm so gutter, ghetto girls fall in love with me
"You know him well.." "..by the name of Jigga"
I'm so gangsta prissy chicks don't wanna fuck with me
"You can love me or hate me.." "..Jay-Z"
I'm so gutter, ghetto girls fall in love with me
"Roc-a-Fella lock the whole block down"


Seeing as this came out over 12 years ago, Jay-Z has softened his lyrics a bit since then and I don't think you'll be hearing him say how gangster/ghetto he is these days. Although he has a net worth of over $450 million as of 2010...


Jay-Z So Ghetto

No comments:

Post a Comment