Concert Calendar

Upcoming Shows

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Party Rock Anthem: Remixes


What’s the hottest song out there right now? It’s easily the “Party Rock Anthem” by the goofballs in LMFAO. When I first heard this track I didn’t think much of it – I simply thought it was just another house/electro-house song. I quickly realized how popular it was when I was riding the train through Boston and a couple ten-year-olds were singing it. Then I realized it was on the radio all the time and almost everyone I knew was in love with it. While I don’t mind the song (it’s certainly not the worst top-40 song I’ve heard in recent years), there are definitely some hot remixes of it out there. I bring you this post today to shine some light on a few of them.

First up is by far my favorite by groove master Russ Chimes. Chimes removes the lyrics and keeps the general sounds of the chorus in there, but gives it a 100% Russ Chimes makeover (read: funky as hell).

LMFAO Party Rock Anthem (Russ Chimes Dub)

Next up is veteran Benny Benassi's club mix. Benassi keeps it extremely Housey (real deep House, actually) as he is known to do, and the lyrics remain in tact. It has that Benassi sound that he is recognized for and this one will absolutely keep dance floors moving.

LMFAO Party Rock Anthem (Benny Benassi Club Mix)

Kim Fai is just another young European making his name known with original productions and remixes. He has gained recognition from great House names such as Steve Angello, Mark Knight, and Pete Tong. He has also collaborated with AN21 and Max Vangeli. And this version of "Party Rock Anthem" is for sure a banger.

LMFAO Party Rock Anthem (Kim Fai Remix)

Lastly I bring you some Dubstep. Because what's the fun in bringing you four House tracks? Arion has remixed not only Party Rock Anthem, but also Dr. Dre's "I Need a Doctor" and Skylar Grey's "I'm Coming Home." He hails from Ontario, Canada and is looking to start his first tour - hoping he makes it to Boston!

LMFAO Party Rock Anthem (Arion Dubstep Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment